Wisconsin Center Delivers Extraordinary, Tailored In-Venue Wi-Fi Experience with Extreme Networks
Extreme Connect Virtual is a two-day summit taking place on
- End-to-end security, visibility, and control: ExtremeCloud IQ provides full visibility into the network, allowing the Wisconsin Center's IT team to analyze attendee behavior through device connections to different access points throughout the venue. The team can also see how apps are behaving in relation to the network, and the innovative staff at the Wisconsin Center has used this data to improve event-specific apps mid-event. This happened in 2019, when a conference client released a polling app for attendees that wasn't performing as planned. ExtremeCloud IQ provided the data necessary for the Wisconsin Center to sit down and work with the client to improve the API, ensuring flawless performance for the rest of the event. This experience eased the Wisconsin Center team's stress when planning for the
DNC'spre- and post-convention events.
- Multi-campus cloud network management: Both the Wisconsin Center and its sister venue, the
Miller High Life Theatre, are managed by the same network team. ExtremeCloud IQ allows the team to control the networks for both venues through the same platform, optimizing efficiency so they can keep pace with demands. The simplicity of network management through the platform also allows each venue to tailor its network for the specific needs of clients and deliver solutions at cloud speed. The Wisconsin Center demonstrated this ability by enabling instantaneous scoring during a 2019 gymnastics competition. This allowed competitors and their parents to see scores within minutes of leaving the floor. These event-specific offerings, combined with the delivery of advanced metrics that allow clients to assess attendee behavior, provide enormous value and keep clients coming back year after year.
- IT-driven revenue stream: IT departments are rarely seen as a profitable part of a business, with the network perceived by most executives as a costly necessity. The IT team at the Wisconsin Center has completely flipped this perception by monetizing Wi-Fi connections and turning its network into a revenue stream. The Wisconsin Center is partially open to the public, and community members can access the network via "pay as you go" Wi-Fi. Event organizers and attendees can also choose to purchase Wi-Fi access if they need guaranteed bandwidth. Thanks to the security and network visibility offered by ExtremeCloud IQ, the Wisconsin Center's IT team can immediately identify unauthorized network access and change passwords as necessary, enabling them to offer this service without an additional risk to the network.
"Our venue requires a reliable Wi-Fi network that is both flexible enough to work for every event and every unique need, and secure enough to allow simultaneous public and private access. The flexibility and security we've experienced with Extreme has allowed us to monetize our Wi-Fi, transforming our IT department from a necessary cost into a revenue driver. Additionally, the visibility we have with ExtremeCloud IQ gives us an unprecedented view of how event attendees are interacting with the network, allowing us to provide our clients with invaluable data and setting us apart from other venues. When the
"The Wisconsin Center has been central to establishing the growth and re-generation of
- ExtremeCloud IQ Solutions Page
- Extreme Events and Venue Operations (EVO) Kits Data Sheet
- Wi-Fi Enabled Digital Ticketing for Venues Solution Brief
- Extreme Sports and Public Venues Solutions Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wisconsin-center-delivers-extraordinary-tailored-in-venue-wi-fi-experience-with-extreme-networks-301124618.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 603-952-5005, firstname.lastname@example.org