Olympiastadion Berlin Strikes Gold with Extreme Networks as its Official Wi-Fi Solutions Provider
Olympiastadion Berlin, part of the
High-Performance Wi-Fifor Enhanced Fan Experience: With ExtremeSwitching™ and more than 1,000 ExtremeWireless™ access points deployed throughout the 74,475-seat stadium and surrounding area, Olympiastadion Berlin can ensure seamless, secure Wi-Fi connectivity and stronger connections for real-time social media sharing, video streaming, and mobile app usage, including point of sale applications and mobile ticketing.
- Secure, Scalable Connectivity: Extreme Fabric Connect™, a powerful and flexible solution to design, build, manage, and troubleshoot networks, provides a simple, agile way for IT to deploy new services. This includes the automatic configuration of new access points and the ability to segment the network to secure the experience of business users and fans. ExtremeGuest™ onboarding and analytics software will provide spectators with seamless access to guest Wi-Fi services with a simple login process and built-in social media integrations.
- Simplified Network Management & Maintenance: Extreme on-premises management software will enable Olympiastadion Berlin to manage its infrastructure via a single pane of glass across virtualized and cloud environments, providing the IT team with full visibility of the network and simplifying the process to deploy, scale, and manage services, thereby delivering improved uptime.
- Real-time Insights and Analytics: ExtremeAnalytics™ software will deliver granular visibility into how users, devices, and applications interact with the Wi-Fi network. Access to such vital visitor data will allow Olympiastadion Berlin to gain valuable usage insights and optimize network capabilities to enhance experiences for spectators and staff.
"A key requirement for state-of-the-art venues like ours is reliable, fast, and secure wireless network connectivity for tens of thousands of simultaneous users. Extreme has an outstanding pedigree when it comes to solutions and services that deliver safe, high-quality, connected in-venue experiences, and they fully met our high expectations. With our new, high-density Wi-Fi 6 network, we can introduce new advanced technologies, such as touchless and cashless payment systems, and are set to continue welcoming some of the biggest names in sport and entertainment to our venue while offering visitors an incredible experience all around."
"Our networking solutions provide the foundation for incredible fan experiences in stadiums all around the world. Olympiastadion Berlin is an iconic venue and will benefit from a state-of-the-art Wi-Fi 6 network that enriches the fan experience while being simple to manage, operate, and scale. We are honored to have been chosen as Olympiastadion Berlin's official Wi-Fi solutions provider and are excited to help the venue elevate the digital experience at live entertainment and sporting events."
Points of Note and Additional Resources
- Extreme has been the Official Wi-Fi Solutions Provider of the NFL since 2013
- Extreme was named the only 'Game Changer' in the Sports Innovation Lab Power Play Index
- Cloud Managed Networking for Dummies eBook & Wi-Fi 6 for Dummies eBook
- Wi-Fi Enabled Digital Ticketing for Venues Solution Brief
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
About Olympiastadion Berlin:
The Olympiastadion Berlin is the home of Hertha BSC. It has been the annual venue for the DFB Cup finals since 1985, and the DFB Cup women's teams also played their final here up to and including 2009. In recent years, the Olympiastadion Berlin hosted the 18th FIFA World Cup 2006, the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics Berlin 2009, the opening game of the 6th FIFA Women's
The biggest concerts in
Since its reopening in
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/olympiastadion-berlin-strikes-gold-with-extreme-networks-as-its-official-wi-fi-solutions-provider-301360862.html
Media Contact (US), Amy Aylward, +1-603-952-5138, email@example.com; Media Contact (EMEA), Miryam Quiroz Cortez, +44 (0) 118 334 4216, PR@extremenetworks.com