National Football League and Extreme Networks Extend Partnership Through 2024
ExtremeWireless™ access points and/or ExtremeAnalytics™ software are currently deployed across 24 NFL stadiums, supporting 25 teams. Through the extended partnership, Extreme will begin working with an additional five
- Next-Generation Connectivity for Ravens,
Packers, Patriots, and Seahawks: Extreme recently completed network deployments for the Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, and Seattle Seahawks, upgrading each stadium with a high-density Wi-Fi 6 network as well as simplified Wi-Fi network management solutions. The Wi-Fi network upgrades in all four stadiums will power faster wireless speeds and lower latency than previous generations of Wi-Fi, giving fans the highest quality connection and improving fan-facing technology including stadium apps, mobile ticketing, and cash-free payments. Additionally, IT and network management staff will have greater visibility into the Wi-Fi network performance and devices as well as greater control over optimization.
- Real-Time, Actionable Analytics Across the League: ExtremeAnalytics is deployed at 29 of the 30
NFLstadiums. The extensive use of ExtremeAnalytics across the league enables the NFLto benchmark Wi-Fi network data from team to team and understand common trends, activities, and usage patterns. Extreme is rolling out next-generation analytics capabilities to the NFLthis season, providing IT teams with richer data sets and insights around app performance and usage, dwell time, and location-based services. Operations teams can also use this data for more efficient venue management such as identifying stadium bottlenecks or popular lounge areas, and event management teams can gain insights into fan activity to better customize experiences and pinpoint sponsorship opportunities.
- Enhanced Fan Experiences: Extreme's Wi-Fi solutions deliver high-speed wireless connectivity optimized for high-density venue environments and bandwidth-hungry applications and devices used by both stadium personnel and fans, such as social media apps and mobile card readers. ExtremeWireless Wi-Fi 6 access points also support increased network efficiency by enabling network traffic optimization and prioritization, allowing IT teams across the league to ensure mission-critical applications have the bandwidth necessary to deliver a seamless game day experience.
- Powerful Solutions for High-Density Environments: In addition to
NFLstadiums, Extreme's networking solutions are deployed in professional sports stadiums around the world. Extreme also supports more than 17,000 schools and 4,500 college campuses worldwide, powering digital education initiatives and enabling competitive esports programs.
"Fan expectations and demands for technology-driven experiences are evolving, and it's our job to fulfill those expectations every game day. We do that by providing great Wi-Fi connectivity, leveraging insightful analytics to improve business operations, and creating a simple and effective way for our team to manage the network within a single dashboard. Our partnership with Extreme allows us to stay ahead of the curve, providing every team in the
"Stadium environments require high-density, powerful Wi-Fi networks that can be adjusted and scaled depending on the needs of each event, and these are environments where Extreme excels. With the right network technology and analytics in place, the
Additional Insights and Resources
- Interview with
NFLCIO Michelle McKenna
- NFL and Extreme Partnership Page
- Wi-Fi Engagement Insights from Super Bowl LV Infographic
- Wi-Fi Enabled Digital Ticketing for Venues Solution Brief
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-football-league-and-extreme-networks-extend-partnership-through-2024-301380308.html
Media Contact (US): Amy Aylward, 603-952-5138, PR@extremenetworks.com; Media Contact (EMEA), Miryam Quiroz Cortez, +44 (0) 118 334 4216, PR@extremenetworks.com