Lincoln University Enables Distance Learning, Remote Access to Digital Resources From Any Location with Extreme Networks
Lincoln University was founded in 1854 as the nation's first degree-granting historically black college and university (HBCU), with notable alumni including poet
- Seamless Indoor and Outdoor Wireless Coverage: ExtremeWireless™ high-density Wi-Fi 6 access points (APs) provide Lincoln University with a secure, wireless network that can support 3,000 users and 5,000 devices daily. Users have reported more reliable wireless connectivity that doesn't differ from building to building, and they are comfortable connecting through WPA2 authentication which provides an additional layer of data security and increased protection from network threats. Since deployment, Lincoln University has seen improved student success and retention, even during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Simplified Network Management: With a three-person network team covering 46 buildings, Lincoln University required a cloud network management solution for intuitive and insightful access to how applications, devices, and users connect to their network. The ExtremeCloud™ IQ network management platform was selected for ease of use and deployment, cost-effectiveness, and its built-in applications. The team is now able to manage its campus-wide wireless network through the cloud, has greater visibility into all connected IoT devices, and can remotely access and control all wireless APs.
- Enhanced Services for Remote Learning: Lincoln University was already prioritizing flexible learning and better online accessibility for its students, but the COVID-19 pandemic caused the University to accelerate its plans. All courses are now available online, with the exception of some in-person labs, and the Wi-Fi 6 APs from Extreme ensure students can access all livestreamed courses and recorded lectures without any connectivity issues or interruptions. The comprehensive indoor and outdoor wireless coverage also enables students to avoid congregating in large groups to study, allowing them to better adhere to social distancing guidelines.
"Our mission at Lincoln University is to educate and empower students to lead their communities and change the world—technology should never be a barrier to success. With Extreme's high-density Wi-Fi 6 access points, single-pane-of-glass cloud management, and credential-based access capabilities, our IT team can offer a vastly improved user experience while supporting new flexible learning requirements. Further, simplified management and maintenance has reduced their workload, resulting in a reduction in operating costs of more than 30% and allowing us to focus more effort on security and other projects."
"Accessibility is a top priority for higher education organizations, and that need has been amplified by the coronavirus pandemic. Lincoln University has been able to function without missing a beat during this crisis thanks to our technology. We're proud to provide a cloud network solution that allows colleges and universities everywhere to both extend access to educational resources and improve remote instruction."
- Extreme Networks Higher Education Solutions Page
Extreme Networksand Lincoln University Case Study
- Networking Solutions to Facilitate Student Learning During the COVID-19 Pandemic Brochure
- Wi-Fi 6 for Dummies Ebook
- Adapting and Implementing the New Normal for Education On-Demand Webinar
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lincoln-university-enables-distance-learning-remote-access-to-digital-resources-from-any-location-with-extreme-networks-301239114.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 603-952-5005, email@example.com