Extreme Networks to Showcase the Hospital of the Future at HIMSS 2019 Intelligent Health Pavilion
Extreme in the
Extreme is the official network and analytics provider for the
Extreme will provide in-focus demonstrations of its end-to-end network solutions in kiosk #1 in the IHP. Some of the technologies to be showcased include:
- ExtremeMobility™ Wi-Fi 6 access points, uniquely designed to deliver connectivity in challenging physical environments, such as hospitals. Embedded AI capabilities give healthcare IT the ability to apply artificial intelligence to auto-tune the Wi-Fi network for optimum performance and experience. This lessens the workload for network engineers and provides a path for autonomous networking at the edge;
- Defender for IoT™, a robust security solution for managing wired and wireless IoT devices simply. Defender for IoT can be deployed on any network and is so easy to use even non-technical healthcare staff can use it to isolate and protect both wired and wireless IoT devices from cyberattacks;
- Extreme Management Center™, a network management system that gives healthcare IT deep visibility, actionable analytics, granular control, and cross domain orchestration and automation capabilities across the entire network. Network managers can ensure only the right devices and people can connect to the network, and easily and automatically prioritize data flows to balance the streaming needs of video, voice, and critical medical instruments. This helps insure proper bandwidth is allocated to critical content, like a live stream surgery.
- Extreme Fabric Connect™ network virtualization technology, gives healthcare providers the ability to create end-to-end network segmentation for secure user and device access.
Extreme Speaking Sessions
Extreme will lead a series of panel discussions and educational sessions at HIMSS. All presentations take place in IHP booth 8559 in the
The Wireless Hospital: Achieving Excellence – Thursday, February 14at 11 a.m. Devin Akin, Director of Sales Enablement, will moderate a discussion with Henry Ford Health Systemand Clinical Mobility on networking methodologies for supporting the growing volume of wired and wireless devices, including consumer-grade guest devices, medical devices, entertainment systems and an infinite array of IoT devices, over a single infrastructure. The Intelligent Hospital: An IoT Strategy – Thursday, February 14at 12:30 p.m. Scott Fincher, Senior Product Marketing Manager, will moderate a discussion on the IoT revolution in healthcare with University of Oslo, Integration Partners, Honeywelland Ascension Technologies. The secure network can connect medical devices and enable smart building management. This session introduces a standardized approach to risk management and IoT devices as an effective risk reduction strategy.
- Understanding the HIMSS INFRAM framework –
Tuesday, February 12at 4:30 p.m. Bob Zemke, Director of Healthcare Solutions, will host an informational session on the HIMSS Analytics Infrastructure Adoption Model (INFRAM) framework and provide examples of how hospitals have begun to address the level requirements with infrastructure enhancements. The Real Time Health System– Wednesday, February 13at 11 a.m. David McClain, Networks Healthcare Principal Architect, Henry Ford Health Systemand Integration Partnerswill provide practical advice on using the network to address the challenges of managing costs and improving outcomes and experiences—all while maintaining tight medical and cybersecurity.
- Lessons Learned from Recent Cyber Attacks –
Wednesday, February 13at 12:30 p.m. Chuck Brooks, Healthcare Solutions Architect, will discuss real-world experiences, lessons learned and best practices for securing and supporting vulnerable IoT devices and connected medical networks.
To ensure we're delivering the right solutions for your healthcare IT needs,
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter,
- Extreme at HIMSS 19Registration Page
Extreme HealthcareIndustry Page
- See the
Smart Hospitalin Action at HIMSS 19 Blog Post
- Extreme Smart OmniEdge Solution Page
- Extreme Automated Campus Solution Page
- ExtremeMobility Product Page
- Extreme Defender for IoT Product Page
- Extreme Management Center Product Page
- Extreme Fabric Connect Solution Brief
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-to-showcase-the-hospital-of-the-future-at-himss-2019-intelligent-health-pavilion-300790096.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com