Extreme Networks to Showcase Clinical-Grade Cloud-Driven Network at HIMSS 2020
Extreme in the
Extreme is the official network and analytics provider for the
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ, the first clinical-grade cloud for infrastructure management. New data from Extreme Networks finds that 41% of healthcare organizations are planning to move their infrastructure management into the cloud in the next 5 years. ExtremeCloud IQ is poised to be the healthcare cloud management platform of choice as one of the industry's first cloud management solutions to be certified as ISO/IEC 27001 compliant, demonstrating commitment to information security management systems best practices and controls.
- ExtremeWireless™ Wi-Fi 6 access points, uniquely designed to deliver connectivity in challenging physical environments, such as hospitals. Embedded AI capabilities give healthcare IT the ability to apply artificial intelligence to auto-tune radio frequencies on the Wi-Fi network for optimum performance and experience. This lessens the workload for network engineers and provides a path for autonomous networking at the edge.
- Defender for IoT, a robust security solution for isolating and protecting wired and wireless IoT devices from cyberattacks. IoT holds great promise for hospitals, but consumer-grade IoT devices also widen the network attack surface and create more routes to entry for hackers. Defender for IoT learns the typical traffic patterns of network devices, dynamically generates security policies that control device access, and automatically segments groups of IoT devices into multiple, isolated secure zones, reducing the network attack surface. A simple, intuitive dashboard provides visibility even for non-technical staff to monitor the security of connected devices.
- Extreme Fabric Connect™, a flexible, virtual networking solution that simplifies time-consuming configurations, enhances security, and allows healthcare IT staff to focus on improving patient experiences as opposed to manually operating the network. With Fabric Connect, healthcare IT can eliminate back-door entry points, preventing lateral movements and isolating potentially insecure IoT devices across the entire network.
Extreme Speaking Sessions
Extreme will lead a series of panel discussions and educational sessions at
- Build Your Case for a Modern Infrastructure Using INFRAM -
Friday, March 13that 12 pm. Bob Zemke, Director of Healthcare Solutions at Extreme Networks, will lead a discussion on the practical use of the HIMSS INFRAM model to create an effective network infrastructure that supports the digital requirements of modern healthcare organizations. Colin Summers, Director of Network Services at OSF HealthCare– a nationally recognized organization for its digital healthcare efforts – will share real-world insight from the field.
Specialty Pavilion Sessions
- Eliminate Cybersecurity Risk: Tips from Experts -
Tuesday, March 10that 11 am. Chuck Brooks, Healthcare Solution Architect at Extreme Networks, will moderate a panel discussion on the state of security in healthcare, and why hospitals need a proactive strategy to minimize the risk of human error, validate and protect devices in real time, and ensure patient safety. Other speakers include Christopher Frenz, AVP of Information Security at Interfaith Medical Center, Cory Brennan, Security Advisor at Hall Render IT Advisory Services, and Mitch Parker, CISO at Indiana University Health Center.
- Secure IoT and Legacy Devices with Ease-
Tuesday, March 10that 3:15 pm. David McClain, Principal Healthcare Architect at Extreme Networks, will provide practical advice on how to enable secure IoT management without making significant network changes, giving healthcare organizations simple and fast peace of mind.
- Retail Innovations That Enhance
Patient Care- Wednesday, March 11that 2 pm. Doug McDonald, Director of Healthcare at Extreme Networks, will share how best practices from leading retailers, including the use of location-based services, can be applied in healthcare to enhance patient care, improve clinical efficiency, ensure safety and security, and improve the bottom line. Other speakers include Jon Linton, Manager of Network Mobility at Henry Ford Health System, and Dave Raftery, Chief Customer Officer at Integration Partners.
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Extreme at
HIMSS2020 Registration Page Extreme HealthcareSolutions Page
- Extreme Elements Solutions Page
- ExtremeCloud IQ Product Page
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- Extreme Defender for IoT Product Page
- Extreme Fabric Connect Product Page
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-to-showcase-clinical-grade-cloud-driven-network-at-himss-2020-301015005.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 1-603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com