Extreme Networks Releases New Software To Deliver A Better Student Experience
Extreme's unique architecture empowers IT staff and educators to deliver enhanced digital learning, resulting in more engaging classroom experiences and better educational outcomes. The EMC dashboard provides actionable data down to each individual user, application, policy, and device. This enables the IT staff and educators to be more efficient and spend more time on student education.
Conference & Product Highlights:
- Extreme will showcase the latest enhancements to EMC 8.0 at booth #2932 during ISTE 2017,
June 25-28in San Antonio, Texas. Key features include:
- Optimized Workflows: New analytics dashboard offers improved workflow in a centralized, single pane of glass interface that includes flexible groupings and filtering for reporting, in addition to large-scale editing. These capabilities, now in a high-productivity graphical user interface, formerly would have required Java programming by the IT staff.
- BYOD Onboarding Options with Google and MS Support: Leveraging Google or Microsoft credentials, IT staff can now easily and securely onboard students logging on to their Google Chromebook in the classroom to access learning materials and applications on the network.
- Network Configuration Assessments: Extreme's Information Governance Engine (IGE) is integrated into EMC 8.0 to help schools automatically analyze, assess, and secure network configurations for HIPAA and PCI compliance across the entire infrastructure.
"The evolution of Extreme's product offerings for the education vertical continues to elevate their expertise and position in the market. Extreme Management Center 8.0 delivers new features that perfectly align with school IT departments' pain points around increasing number of devices and quality end-user experiences."
"The new upgrades to Extreme Management Center 8.0 allow us to provide better monitoring services for our customers in need of an easy-to-use, single interface that delivers actionable insights for network performance. Not only does this help us resolve client issues, it empowers our customers to be more proactive when looking to improve the end-user experience, therefore meeting their expectations for superior connectivity."
"We're thrilled with the new enhancements to Extreme Management Center 8.0. Our small IT staff had been stretched to keep up with the latest edtech trends, and these new capabilities provide the best level of control and visibility that we were looking for in order to support our school's 1:1 computing and BYOD programs, especially during online testing periods."
"From one easy-to-use web interface, I've been able to view information on individual devices, available port statistics and network uptime. This has significantly streamlined my daily workflow since I no longer have to open other features to complete tasks when managing activity on the network. I'm impressed by the new enhancements and excited to use the new interface moving forward."
- ISTE 2017
- ISTE 2017 Event Page
- Extreme Management Center Solutions Page
- Extreme Management Center Data Sheet
- Extreme Networks K-12 Solutions
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning Extreme's ability to provide customers with improved network visibility, actionable insights, management capabilities, an enhanced quality of experience, along with time saving measures via the use of ExtremeManagement 8.0 are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the effectiveness of our solutions as compared with our customers' needs; a highly competitive business environment for network switching and software equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company's business and financial results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors". Except as required under the
About Extreme Networks
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-releases-new-software-to-deliver-a-better-student-experience-300479470.html
News Provided by Acquire Media