Extreme Networks Paves the Way for Enterprise Networks of the Future
For digitization to be fully realized, organizations must have an agile, adaptive, and secure network, a software-driven approach, and human intelligence underpinning the entire business. That's why Extreme is investing 95 percent of its research and development dollars into software and AI this year to expand the automation capabilities across our Smart OmniEdge™, Automated Campus™, and Agile Data Center™ solutions, creating a secure, self-healing, self-driving network—from the enterprise edge to the cloud—with the following attributes:
- Open and standards-based ecosystem – so customers can build the exact architecture and applications they require to fulfill the specialized demands of their enterprise.
- Cross-domain and closed-loop automation– so customers can optimize network performance from the end device to the application server.
- Software-driven infrastructure, augmented with machine learning and AI– so customers can easily respond to bandwidth demands and user behavior, ensuring end users get the experience they need, when they need it.
- Insights and analytics – so customers can track behavior of applications, users and IoT devices in real-time; identify anomalous behavior, and automatically resolve issues without human intervention.
Each attribute is supported by intrinsic security, so customers can protect their business at its most fundamental level – the network.
Extreme is also investing in its engineering and development facilities located around the world and taking a leadership role in open source standards development for SDN implementations, working with organizations like the
Combined with its collaborative, customer-driven approach, Extreme brings IT practitioners in every industry the freedom to challenge the status quo, to connect with patients, students, customers, and clients in new exciting ways. Ultimately, Extreme provides IT practitioners with the freedom to leverage their network, apps, and devices to do what they came here to do – elevate the human experience.
"At Extreme, our commitment is serving and empowering customers, but we also see a responsibility to challenge ourselves and the industry to advance what 'networking' means.
By offering new sources of automation and intelligence, we're giving customers the tools they need to automate routine networking tasks, and the freedom to create compelling new experiences that increase efficiencies, improve competitive advantage and, in some cases, change lives. The businesses of the future are being built today – and they are customers of
"Co-working spaces are service-oriented by nature, so it takes more to stand out. At our five co-working facilities in
"The network has traditionally been seen as an IT support function, providing connectivity to users, devices and IT infrastructure — seen by many as "plumbing". That notion is both antiquated, and false, given the intricacies of what modern cloud and IoT applications require in an enterprise context. Today's vision of the network is that of a secure, application services and connectivity platform that can help optimize the user and application experience across healthcare, education, hospitality, manufacturing and other domains. Extreme's focus on automation is relevant, and timely, as organizations look to network transformation as a foundation to build on for their digital transformation journey."
Autonomous Enterprise Webinar
The Autonomous Enterprise will be on display in full-force at the
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter,
- The Autonomous Enterprise: Machine Assisted, People Driven
- The Future of Networking
- Autonomously Connecting the Classroom of the Future
- A Day in the Life of the Connected Shopper
- Smart Network =
Smart Hospital= Smart Healthcare Blog Post
- Extreme Connect Registration Page
- Extreme Smart OmniEdge Solution Page
- Extreme Automated Campus Solution Page
Extreme Agile Data CenterSolution Page
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-paves-the-way-for-enterprise-networks-of-the-future-300822600.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com