Extreme Networks Launches Industry's First Fully-Automated Secure Networking Solution for Campus Environments
Now with over 1,500 unique deployments, spanning every industry, Fabric Connect has been proven to deliver 11x faster time to service, 7x faster mean time to repair and provide a 100% reduction in outages as a result of human error, according to Fabric Connect Customer Experience Research Report. With this announcement, Extreme wired and wireless edge products have been integrated into the Fabric Connect architecture, giving customers greater choice on how they evolve their network edge. Additionally, Avaya's networking portfolio has been integrated into Extreme Management Center, bringing a unique 360-degree view of the network, users, devices and applications for actionable business insights.
Also available are two new fabric enabled hardware platforms for high performance 10/40/100 Gigabits per second aggregation and core networking. The first is the VSP 8600, an innovative small 7RU form factor core chassis with over 21 Tbps of switching capacity. The other is the VSP 8404C, a 2RU modular core form factor with four pluggable slots providing for highly flexible deployment options. Finally, to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, the end-to-end solution is supported by Extreme's top-ranked services and support organization.
- The enterprise market's only fully-automated end-to-end campus solution: Extreme is introducing a consistent policy-based, fabric-enabled architecture extending from core to wired/ wireless edge - enabling true dynamic services through a suite of zero-touch policy and networking features.
- Enhanced security through frictionless hyper-segments: Extreme's Automated Campus leverages hyper-segments - which contain breaches and isolate and protect critical applications, information or users - for heightened security. These hyper-segments can be implemented with greater ease and far greater scale than traditional networking technologies. Centralized, intuitive, role-based policies control user and device access to hyper-segments.
- 360-degree visibility: Extreme's Automated Campus solution is unique in its ability to provide a true 360-degree view of the network (wired and wireless), users, devices and applications - with context and scale - through integrated management, analytics and policy. IT managers can create centralized policies for as many as 200,000 users and devices and gain actionable insights with customizable signature sets for more than 7,000 applications. Additionally, through open APIs, Extreme Management Center integrates with third party solution providers so that customers can orchestrate workflows based on third party alerts, providing a holistic and programmable solution.
- First-person resolution: Underlying the end-to-end solution is Extreme's top-ranked 100% in-sourced support and services, according to Gartner's Peer Insights, with a first-person resolution rate of over 90 percent.
"When we acquired Avaya's networking business, we promised to deliver a stronger combined value proposition that leveraged each company's core strengths that would best serve customers. The introduction of our first integrated solution delivers on this promise just two short months following the close of the acquisition. We developed Extreme Automated Campus to give both Avaya and Extreme customers the best of both worlds by providing a leading end-to-end software-driven solution from the core to the wired /wireless edge - and in this case, an automated, secure, policy-enabled campus architecture that is easy to manage."
"Traditional networks are often very complex to manage and can waste the already constrained time and resources of IT and network managers and operations staff. Extreme Automated Campus puts organizational goals first with simplified network management. This launch also reflects Extreme's remarkable progress in integrating Avaya's products and technology into their already-impressive products and services portfolio. We expect Extreme to continue to grow market share and advance their newly-minted position as the third largest vendor in the networking industry."
"We consider the network in the same critical category as electricity, oxygen and water. It needs to be available 24x365. Fabric Connect has provided us with a secure, self-healing, highly available network that enables us to serve our patients effectively in our complex paperless environment. We are looking forward to the latest innovations from Extreme, namely the VSP 8600 and Extreme Management Center, in order to increase capacity and scale within our core and to provide increased control, visibility and management of the end-to-end network."
"As a long standing Avaya partner, we were excited to learn that a quick integration and seamless transition for legacy partners were top priorities for Extreme. The Automated Campus demonstrates how Extreme's existing and acquired technology truly complement each other. By combining the best of both portfolios, we're confident that Extreme's Automated Campus will bring our customers the security, visibility and simplicity they need to successfully manage their networks."
- Extreme Automated Campus Product Page
- Webinar: A Practical Approach to Bringing Automation, Security & Efficiency to Your Network
- Extreme: The New Triple Threat Blog
- Automated Campus Solution Video
- Avaya Fabric Connect Product Page
- ExtremeManagement Product Page
- Extreme Management Center 8.0 Press Release
- VSP 8000 Series Data Sheet
- Extreme Acquisitions & Integrations Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning the Company's ability to integrate
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company's business and financial results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors". Except as required under the
About Extreme Networks
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-launches-industrys-first-fully-automated-secure-networking-solution-for-campus-environments-300518494.html
News Provided by Acquire Media