Extreme Networks Gears Up for Record-Breaking Wi-Fi Usage at Super Bowl LIV
This news follows last year's record-breaking Wi-Fi usage at Super Bowl LIII where 24 terabytes of data was transferred within the stadium – an increase of 47 percent from the previous
- Proven, jointly developed "smart stadium" technology linking
Verizon'swireless network to ExtremeWireless™ Wi-Fi access points and ExtremeAnalytics™ software, will provide a seamless connectivity and authentication experience for Verizoncustomers between Verizon'swireless network and Wi-Fi networks, ensuring uninterrupted connectivity for fans anywhere in and around the stadium.
- Extreme currently provides Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi analytics solutions to 24 stadiums servicing 25 teams across the
NFLand will continue to provide solutions over the next two seasons, including Super Bowl LV in Tampaon February 7, 2021.
- With ExtremeWireless access points,
NFLteams have the scale and capacity to provide seamless Wi-Fi connectivity to fans on game day. Fans can share their experiences on social media, instantly access real-time statistics and commentary, and stream instant replay videos on their mobile devices without latency.
- With ExtremeAnalytics technology, NFL IT teams gain granular visibility into network and application performance, locations, and devices, and can capture information related to which apps are running on the Wi-Fi network and what the response time is for each app. With these insights, teams can deliver personalized offers and application features to engaged fans.
"Sporting events like the Super Bowl are about much more than the game – they're about the experience. And today the Super Bowl experience is more exciting and immersive than ever thanks to enabling technologies like Wi-Fi and 5G. The
"The Super Bowl offers a once-in-a-lifetime moment for the teams playing, for the League, and most importantly – for the fans. Maximizing the combined advancements in 5G and Wi-Fi, we plan to revolutionize what fans will experience at the stadium this year – from food and beverage, to ticketing, to the in-seat experience. These enabling technologies and new mobile applications will allow our fans to immerse themselves in next-gen game-day experiences like never before and we expect sky-high data consumption in
- Extreme Elements Solutions Page
- Sports & Public Venues Solutions Page
- Extreme NFL Microsite
- Wi-Fi Trends from '19-'20 NFL Season Blog
- Top Wi-Fi Moments from Super Bowl LIII Blog
- Extreme Networks Esports Solutions Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter,
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other trademarks shown herein are the property of their respective owners.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-gears-up-for-record-breaking-wi-fi-usage-at-super-bowl-liv-300995705.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos, 603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com