Extreme Networks Delivers Secure Access to Virtual Health and Social Services for 1.5M Citizens in Madrid
Nearly 17,000 healthcare and administrative staff working across 30 distributed locations will rely on the new network to access electronic medical records (EMR), securely communicate with colleagues and patients via telehealth services, and collect data from connected medical devices such as blood pressure monitors and electrocardiograms to provide patients with the best possible care. The new network offers:
- Clinical-grade Wi-Fi connectivity across 30 locations: With ExtremeSwitching™ technology and high-density ExtremeWireless™ access points, the new, clinical grade Wi-Fi network provides Madrid Digital staff and administration with secure, high-performance connectivity at every health and social service site so they can remain focused on patient needs.
- High-performance and high availability: Extreme's high-density Wi-Fi solution – proven to deliver uncompromising performance in the most demanding environments – allows Madrid Digital to support real-time voice, video, and data applications that are critical to the success of its digital health initiative without interruption. The technology also provides Madrid Digital with a centralized and efficient tool to manage its distributed access points from a single location.
- Advanced insights and analytics: Extreme's advanced wireless network analytics and visibility application gives Madrid Digital the ability to access and leverage vast amounts of network usage data and turn it into actionable insights to optimize network performance and the user experience.
Additionally, centralized network management provides efficiencies for Madrid Digital, both in terms of time spent managing the network as well as any costs associated with outsourcing the acquisition and management of servers.
"The future of healthcare and social services is digital, and Madrid Digital is right to invest in a clinical-grade, high-density Wi-Fi solution to provide seamless, secure telehealth services. We are proud to provide the essential networking solutions required to help Madrid Digital advance modern patient care for 1.5 million citizens in a safe and effortless manner."
"This strategic project is clearly illustrative of the advanced digital transformation strategy that Madrid Digital has been promoting for the social-healthcare environment, and we are thrilled to partner with
- COVID-19 and Changes in Healthcare Blog
Extreme Networks HealthcareSolution Page
- Remote Solutions to Extend
Patient CareSolution Page
- Healthcare IoT: Extending Beyond the Walls of the Hospital Blog
- Digital Transformation – Healthcare Best Practices Webinar
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ for Healthcare Solution Brief
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-delivers-secure-access-to-virtual-health-and-social-services-for-1-5m-citizens-in-madrid-301105339.html
Media Contact (US), Christi Nicolacopoulos, 1-603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com; Media Contact (EMEA), Miryam Quiroz Cortez, +44 (0) 118 334 4216, PR@extremenetworks.com