Extreme Networks Brings Simplicity to Data Center Operations with New Fabric Automation Capabilities
- Simplified automation and cloud-speed provisioning: Plug-and-play fabrics with on-switch automation streamlines configurations and simplifies network operations with day-zero infrastructure provisioning and day-one tenant/services provisioning. IT teams can deploy a fabric in seconds after simply cabling devices, powering on the switches, and running the Extreme Fabric Automation application from any SLX spine or leaf switch.
- Flexible deployment options: Unique in the industry, Extreme Fabric Automation is hosted on the guest VM of the SLX 9150 leaf switch or the SLX 9250 spine switch. It can also be hosted on an external VM, providing on-premises and private cloud deployment options.
- Ecosystem integrations: Extreme Fabric Automation integrates with orchestration software including OpenStack,
VMwarevCenter, and Microsoft SCVMM. Each integration is a separate microservice and leverages the application's fabric awareness. Additional integrations will be available in future releases.
- Faster time-to-value: Elasticity built into Extreme Fabric Automation provides IT teams the ability to scale the network up and down to meet changes in demand. Fast setup of an entire fabric network gives teams back valuable time to focus on higher level projects that will drive the business forward. Additionally, the solution reduces the cost of operating a network and, for those leveraging guest VM, eliminates the need for an external server.
- Security certifications and TAA compliance: The SLX 9150 and SLX 9250 are undergoing extensive testing and qualification to support the highest level of security certifications. Both are TAA compliant and will support FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria (CC), USGv6, and DoDIN APL starting Q1 CY20. Available for pre-order now, customers and partners can start the procurement and deployment evaluation cycle.
- Built on
Broadcom: The new SLX spine and leaf switches are built on Broadcom'sTrident 3 switch ASICs, bringing the same telemetry capabilities leveraged by leading hyperscale cloud providers to the enterprise. Combined with Extreme's industry-leading flow analytics, the Broadcom-powered solutions provide customers and partners with superior network health and performance metrics.
"The data center is no longer about speeds and feeds – it's where digital transformation is won or lost. Extreme Fabric Automation is built using a cloud-native architecture to enhance fabric orchestration and management capabilities. It offers simplicity to data center teams, removing the need for manual switch-by-switch configurations and allowing IT teams to move at the pace of their businesses: at cloud-speed."
"Our IT team is constantly tasked with 'doing more with less.' With the new Extreme Fabric Automation tool, we were able to set up the network in minutes without having to use additional, expensive server infrastructure. Extreme's technology is plug-and-play, streamlines laborious networking management and provisioning down from hours to seconds, and offers new flexible deployment options."
"When onboarding a new partner, we have seen how challenging it can be to set up a data centre network. Not only is the process highly complex, it can also be costly to maintain and can require additional resources once implemented. Extreme Fabric Automation addresses these pain points by providing a simple and reliable set-up process. It is as straight-forward as cabling up all switches and entering a few simple commands to establish a network. With our engineers being able to perform these steps so easily themselves, our team is freed up to focus on the actual platforms and services we offer to our partners."
"Enterprises are demanding that their datacenter networks become more agile, architecturally and operationally, so that they align better with cloud operating models and the imperative of digital transformation. More than ever, the modern datacenter network must be fully responsive to the needs of workloads, which are increasingly distributed across multi-cloud environments. In this context, microservices have emerged as a key enabler of automated network agility and streamlined simplification, from the point of provisioning and throughout the network lifecycle. With Extreme Fabric Automation,
- Extreme Elements Solutions Page
Extreme Data CenterSolutions Page
- Extreme Fabric Automation Solution Brief
- Innovations in Data Center Simplicity
- Trunk Networks Case Study
- 2019 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Data Center Networking Analyst Report
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-brings-simplicity-to-data-center-operations-with-new-fabric-automation-capabilities-300961640.html
Christi Nicolacopoulos (US), 603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com; Miryam Quiroz Cortez (EMEA), 44 11 8334 4216, PR@extremenetworks.com