Extreme Networks Brings Agile Mindset and Automation to New Data Center Solutions
New hardware and software in Extreme's Agile Data Center™ solution provides organizations with the tools they need to embrace automation, wherever they are on their journey. Secure, plug-and-play technology combines the best of acquired data center networking and automation tools with Extreme's powerful management, analytics and security capabilities to reduce the risk and mitigate the complexity – and manual labor – involved in deploying and managing multi-vendor environments and transitioning legacy architectures.
- Cross-domain IT automation: Extreme Workflow Composer, powered by Extreme's StackStorm™ platform, enables customized cross-domain, multi-vendor IT automation, enabling full integration of compute, storage, security and network resources.
- Automation at your pace: Extreme Embedded Fabric Automation enables plug-and-play data center fabric creation within seconds for a fabric of any size – with no need for additional software or servers. Customers can automate at their own pace with customizable workflows using popular tools such as Ansible, as well as the ability to move to full IT automation with Extreme Workflow Composer.
- Single pane of glass management: The Extreme Management Center™ platform delivers end-to-end, multi-vendor management and monitoring capabilities across the entire network – from the wired/ wireless edge and campus to the data center—reducing administration time and speeding issue resolution.
- Insights where and when you need them: The ExtremeAnalytics™ dashboard provides end-to-end application visibility and telemetry across the campus, data center, between VMs on hosts and to the cloud, enabling administrators to support the business with real-time information to make informed decisions. A virtual sensor captures traffic information on and between
VMwarevirtual instances, without slowing down the network. The guest VM capability of Extreme's SLX family of switches and routers gives network administrators distributed analyzer capabilities for on-box analysis.
- Network adaptability and agility: Extreme's open and vendor agnostic architecture eliminates lock-in and forms the basis for a network that easily and quickly adapts to ever-changing business needs fueled by digital transformation. Seamless
VMwarevCenter integration accelerates application deployment through zero-touch VM discovery, VM mobility and VM server migration.
- Hardware for any use case: Extreme's SLX switching and routing platforms provide the foundation for the modern data center. New SLX 9030 leaf switches, designed for enhanced Top of Rack switching, and the SLX 9640 router for scalable, high performance border routing and data center interconnect (DCI), strengthen an already robust and comprehensive portfolio.
"We've been using Extreme's carrier-class SLX data center solutions for border routing, for providing cloud connectivity to various public cloud providers for our customers, and to enable interconnectivity between our own data centers. We've found that Extreme's innovative network automation capabilities and SLX products address the increasing agility and analytics needs of digital organizations."
"We've been using
"Data center networks typically comprise both legacy and new infrastructure, often from multiple vendors, and that poses a complexity challenge for network operators seeking to leverage visibility to manage proactively. Without pervasive visibility into what's happening on the network, as well as the ability to automate and orchestrate network operations, network administrations are locked into a reactive posture. Extreme's
"For Extreme, interoperability means more than just a myriad of APIs. It means delivering real, multi-vendor capabilities that meet the needs of the modern enterprise – the types our competitors don't like to talk about. With our new Agile Data Center Solution, we are walking the talk. Extreme's Management Center allows for full visibility and management of multi-vendor networks, and Extreme's Workflow Composer enables cross-domain, multi-vendor IT automation. Further, our adaptable data enter fabric gives customers the ability to build once and re-use it many times. All of this gives organizations the ability to digitally transform their data centers to quickly adapt and respond to new service demands quickly for greater business advantage."
Webinar: The Path to the New Data Center—Reduce the Risk and Realize the Benefits
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter,
YouTubeand LinkedIn Extreme Agile Data CenterSolutions Page
- Network Agility Drives Digital Transformation Video
- Extreme Management Center Product Page
Extreme SLX Agile Data CenterPortfolio Page
- Extreme Networks SLX 9030 Product Page
- Extreme Networks SLX 9640 Product Page
About Extreme Networks
Forward Looking Statements
Except for any historical information contained herein, statements in this release, including those concerning Extreme's solutions and products, are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the possibility that we might experience delays in the development, introduction or shipment of new or existing technology and products, the possibility that our new or existing products may not perform as expected, and the possibility that new or existing products may have quality or other defects or deficiencies.
More information about potential factors that could affect Extreme's business and financial results is included in Extreme's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors." Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-brings-agile-mindset-and-automation-to-new-data-center-solutions-300743639.html