Extreme Networks Launches Ethernet Switching Platforms at Interop 2017 to Support Multi-Rate High-Performance Enterprise Switched Networks
More than ever, customers are demanding flexibility from their switch solutions. In the network core, they want support for 10, 25, 40, 50 or 100GB data rates, as well as flexible port licensing options that enable a seamless transition from 40GB to 100GB. At the edge, they want 1, 2.5 and 5GB data rates for maximum flexibility and to future-proof their network. The introduction of Extreme's X870 Series, along with the X620-16p and X460-G2, further underscore Extreme's goal to provide its customers with software-driven networking solutions that address the full range of the enterprise edge-to-core infrastructure. Each series works in tandem with ExtremeWireless™, ExtremeControl, ExtremeAnalytics™ and ExtremeManagement™ so that customers can extend and better manage their networks.
- High-Density, High-Performance Data Center Switching - The X870 Series offers high-density 100GB fixed form switches suited for top-of-rack and leaf-spine architectures.
- Flexible Migration from 10GB to 100GB - The X870 Series port licensing allows customers to pay as they grow, lowering the upfront expense of a 100 GB investment by enabling migration from 10GB to 25, 40, 50 or 100GB as needed and at the customer's desired pace.
- Multi-Rate Access to Support Next-Gen Devices - Extreme's X620-16p and X460-G2 provide multi-rate 1, 2.5, 5 and 10GB bandwidth rates that flexibly accommodate the new and cascading demands of IOT devices, as well as the new generation of 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless access technology.
"The latest additions to our product portfolio work in tandem to provide customers with solutions to enhance the value and simplify the operations of their enterprise networks across campuses and overall data center operations. We are offering our channel partners new positioning opportunities, as they will be able to introduce the latest line of switches in the same manner as our current switching. We are also providing that extra incentive to entice new customers to consider Extreme as a partner."
"It's crucial that we're providing our customers with the most advanced, flexible solutions, to meet their needs within our global interconnection of Console Connect nodes across the
"The forces associated with digital transformation are not only impacting the datacenter network, but they're also challenging organizations to maintain greater data speeds across their enterprise networks. As organizations continue to invest in
"We're excited by the new opportunities that the introduction of
"With this announcement,
"We look forward to adding
Amador Nájera Ruiz, Director de Operaciones at
"We're excited to continue our partnership with
- Extreme Networks Interop Events Page
- ExtremeSwitching Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching X460-G2 Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching X870 Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching X620 Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching Webinar
- ExtremeManagement Product Page
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- ExtremeAnalytics Product Page
- ExtremeControl Product Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook,
YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning the ExtremeSwitching X870 series and ExtremeSwitching X620-16p and X460-G2 Ethernet multi-rate switches, the ability to enhance the value, increase flexible operations and enable customers to extend and better manage their enterprise networks, in areas of critical business functions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the effectiveness of our solutions as compared with our customers' needs; a highly competitive business environment for network switching and software equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company's business and financial results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors". Except as required under the
About Extreme Networks
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-launches-ethernet-switching-platforms-at-interop-2017-to-support-multi-rate-high-performance-enterprise-switched-networks-300457993.html
News Provided by Acquire Media