Extreme Networks Launches Cloud-Managed Networking Platform Designed for Simplicity and Investment Protection
In today's connected world, organizations are under pressure to meet the demand for ubiquitous connectivity and outstanding user experience, while gaining greater insights and control over user behavior to support their business. These stringent requirements drive the need for cloud-managed networking. As a pioneer in the wireless and enterprise networking space, Extreme brings its 20 year pedigree in building resilient and secure enterprise class wireless and wired products to its cloud-managed networking capabilities. Now, Extreme can help mission critical networks around the world address complex user-dense environments by embracing the cloud.
ExtremeCloud Key Facts
ExtremeCloud is purpose-built to expand and contract dynamically as businesses transform. Specific benefits include:
- Increased Performance of Business Applications - ExtremeCloud's flow-based architecture allows for faster data processing with the industry's most granular application visibility and control. ExtremeCloud uniquely empowers customer infrastructure to seamlessly identify and prioritize targeted business applications while containing and constraining unwanted applications.
- Pay-as-You Grow - For transformative IT departments that partner internally to help grow a business, ExtremeCloud's management solution resides securely in the publicly-accessible cloud to allow departments to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing business environment, deliver more services more efficiently, and contribute savings to the bottom line.
- Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) - Brings simplicity to infrastructure deployments so changes to evolving infrastructure are not locally required. ZTP is firewall friendly and allows wired or wireless devices to automatically locate ExtremeCloud, instantly configure and be fully operational without the risk and burden of reconfiguring local infrastructure.
- Flexibility to Manage Same Hardware & Firmware in Cloud or On-Premise - The ExtremeCloud portfolio offers wired and wireless hardware and firmware that can seamlessly operate via ExtremeCloud or traditional on-premise management. This eliminates architecture lock-in and allows customers to move from cloud to on-premise (or vice versa) without expensive hardware and software rip-and-replace.
- Simplicity - ExtremeCloud inherits years of on-premise managed wired/wireless experience to deliver easy deployment and a simple unified wired/wireless management experience.
- Latest Technology - ExtremeCloud makes it easier and more affordable for businesses to adapt and stay current with the newest Wi-Fi technologies such as the industry's first flow-based 802.11ac Wave 2 access points.
"IDC forecasts spending on public cloud services to grow at rates several times higher than overall IT spending growth. Extreme has focused on creating a cloud networking solution for the enterprise that taps into that growth. By using the same hardware and firmware for the cloud as the on-premise solution, Extreme delivers users increased flexibility and investment protection as well as built in analytics."
"As we approached our ten year operations anniversary, we recognized the need for a technology refresh in order to continue delivering the connectivity our guests and staff have come to expect. With the ExtremeCloud solution, Extreme provided the Siemens VIP Center with a cost-effective and easily manageable upgrade that enabled the deployment of the latest switching and wireless technologies without disrupting our operations. The combination of Extreme's exceptional technology with its unmatched support allowed us to focus on what mattered most, the delivery of services."
"Managing multiple switches and access points from different vendors has been challenging and time consuming for our small IT department. Installing the new ExtremeCloud access point was very quick and easy. Since it practically configured itself the whole installation took about fifteen minutes and we saw a significant increase in wireless speed immediately. We are now considering replacing other pieces of our existing network with cloud-managed Extreme network devices so our team will be able to easily install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain our wired/wireless network under a single interface, making further positive impacts on both staff and users' experiences across campus facilities."
"We've enjoyed a longstanding partnership with
"Extreme has a longstanding history of providing secure, enterprise-class wireless and wired solutions to customers and partners around the world. With ExtremeCloud, our customers are able to easily adapt the newest Wi-Fi technologies and deliver services more efficiently, ultimately impacting the bottom line."
"Today's leading organizations leverage their network as a platform to engage both staff and customers. Because of this, increased dependency combined with the need for pervasive connectivity are driving businesses to embrace a cloud-based management model. To address these needs and empower IT, Extreme is entering the cloud-based network management market as a mature organization with years of experience in building and managing enterprise-class wired and wireless networks and addressing connectivity challenges throughout the world."
About Extreme Networks
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-networks-launches-cloud-managed-networking-platform-designed-for-simplicity-and-investment-protection-300262173.html
News Provided by Acquire Media