Extreme Networks Advances Mobile Scalability with IdentiFi™ Wireless LAN
In today's Experience Economy, user expectations for fast and seamless access are not confined to indoor spaces. As users demand much more in the scale and scope of their mobile connectivity, Wi-Fi networks must evolve to address much higher capacity and scale as traffic grows. IdentiFi uniquely delivers the capacity and ease-of-use demanded by IT and mobile users, both indoors and outdoors.
As BYOD continues to evolve, the number of mobile devices and the diversity of those products attaching to the Wi-Fi network will continue to grow rapidly. For example, IDC reported a 317 percent increase in wearable shipments in 2013, and shipments are expected to reach 111.9 million units by 2018, with a CAGR of 78.4 percent over the next five years.
"BYOD will extend to wearable devices, and the resulting increase in demand will heavily impact wireless LANs everywhere," said
"As proven in the most demanding venues, including
"In a community, such as Troy, that strongly values public education, it is imperative to provide the best resources available to prepare our students for their future," said Mark Washington, director of technology at
Bart's Health is the largest
Commenting on the benefits, Jason Bincalar, deputy director of ICT at Bart's Health said: "We have a large number of mission-critical devices on our high-density wireless network, including workstations on wheels, mobile image intensifiers, blood dispensing fridges, handheld devices and VoIP cordless telephone handsets. These are in addition to the computers, tablets and smartphones you'd expect. Our wireless infrastructure needs to meet the demands of all our users, including hospital staff, patients and visitors, and IdentiFi's proven performance capability and adaptable architecture enables us to do this, delivering a high-functioning ICT network for the best patient care and user experience."
Proven Products and Capabilities
Extreme Networksis used in a diversity of environments, such as working with the National Football League(NFL), where over 70,000 users gather in stadiums and watch videos and upload to social media.
- Extreme's Gigabit Wi-Fi achieves full 802.11ac gigabit speeds and functionality with 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) for the indoor 3825 access point
- The 3865 outdoor AP extends IdentiFi's high performance capabilities and scale beyond the brick and mortar by offering complete parity for software capabilities and functions found with the indoor solution.
- IdentiFi provides more capacity with three times over-the-air performance compared to 802.11n, and offers greater throughput with air-to-wire transition, supporting 75,000 packets per second for both indoor and outdoor APs.
- IdentiFi makes implementation simple with zero-touch AP initialization and allows new applications and services to be delivered with a single click.
- "The Future of Wi-Fi Predicting Without A Crystal Ball"
- IdentiFi wireless product page featuring new video and white paper
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook,
YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of
News Provided by Acquire Media