Extreme is the Fastest Growing Vendor in Omdia 2020 Cloud-Managed Networking Report
- According to the report, the global cloud-managed networking market grew by
$2.6 billionin 2019, a 29% increase from 2018 and a significant increase over the traditional managed networking market, which grew by 3% in the same time frame. The cloud- managed share of the total networking market is expected to triple by 2024, even with COVID-19.
- Extreme's strong growth follows its 2019 acquisition of
Aerohive Networks, which was successfully integrated as of April 2020. Omdia also cites Extreme's flexible management model—companies can migrate from an on-premises installation to a public cloud subscription or even an off-premises private cloud, depending on needs—and plans to cloudify its broad switching portfolio as additional factors that influenced the company's success over the past year.
- Extreme ranked second overall for revenue share in the industry, growing from 6% market share to 10% market share, and tied for second for devices managed, again taking 10% of market share. Extreme has a consistent record of increasing its market share year-over-year.
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ is a machine learning and AI-driven cloud management platform that simplifies onboarding, configuration, monitoring, managing, troubleshooting, alerting, and reporting for network infrastructure devices. The platform is unequaled in its ability to provide administrators with a 360-degree view of device, client, application, and network health and performance. It is the industry's first end-to-end cloud management platform, the first cloud networking management architecture to be both cloud-hosting agnostic and cloud operating system agnostic, and is the first cloud platform to offer unlimited data, setting a new standard for access to cloud data and insights.
Matthias Machowinski, Research Director, Enterprise Networks, Omdia
"Cloud-managed networking is clearly resonating with organizations as it addresses common pain points like deployment in distributed locations, upgrading and troubleshooting remote equipment, insights into users and applications across the entire network, and responding quickly to changing business needs. Extreme has built upon Aerohive's serious commitment to cloud-managed networking by significantly expanding its cloud-managed portfolio, resulting in rapid growth and the #2 ranking for revenue."
"The user experience should feel effortless and cloud is key to making that happen. We are rapidly cloudifying our edge-to-core, wired and wireless solutions portfolio and with that, delivering unmatched deployment flexibility and unlimited data insights to help our customers transition toward cloud-driven networking—wherever they are in their digital transformation. Demand for our innovative solutions and our approach to walking alongside our customers through this journey is what is driving our growth. We are proud of this industry ranking and believe our game-changing approach toward cloud networking will allow us to maintain our trajectory in this market for years to come."
- Read the Omdia report here
- ExtremeCloud IQ Solutions Page
- ExtremeCloud IQ Unlimited Data Press Release
- ExtremeCloud IQ Available on All Major Cloud Providers Press Release
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/extreme-is-the-fastest-growing-vendor-in-omdia-2020-cloud-managed-networking-report-301121293.html
Media Contact (US), Christi Nicolacopoulos, 1-603-952-5005, PR@extremenetworks.com